Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not one of them is missing

We have encountered several situations in the past few weeks in which we just don't know how to move forward in order to help families and children. My heart has ached to see people suffer. I have woken up in the night with their faces etched in my memory. My heart wants to run in and rescue but my mind knows that I can't or that it is not what is best in this situation. But as I read the following verse today, I realized I have no right or even obligation to worry because if He is in control of each star He is in control of each child I see.

Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars. The one who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power. Not one of them is missing. Isaiah 40:26

My God has not been surprised by the situations I have been shocked by lately. As my mother-in-law says, "He didn't spill his coffee when he read the morning news." He is in control and His might is great and the His power strong!

As I say to the house mothers and aunties, "Praise God, alleluia!" and they say, "Amen" or "Amina"

2 comments:

Ruthie H. said...

Amen indeed! It is such a great comfort to know that when we feel helpless to meet the many needs we see that our great God is all-powerful and all-knowing! :)
Thanks for sharing, Amy!

Ed and Jenn said...

I love your beautiful heart! I would give anything to be back at GSF right now. I am so thankful that we met and I hope to know you my whole life :)

Love,
Jenn