Sunday, September 4, 2011

He holds your future, Sweet girl!


I picked up Mercy this morning when I walked into the church and held her as we sang. We began to sing, Because He lives.

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. . ."

I looked at Mercy and began to think about her tomorrows and that surely they will be much better than her yesterdays. When she arrived at the hospital and then at GSF, she was balled up and could barely move. But at church I was holding her with her back, arms and legs straight. She is just beginning to hold her neck up on her own.

"Because He lives, all fear is gone."
"Because I know He holds the future."


At this point I began to cry because, even though I don't know if Mercy will ever walk, I know who does and who can cause her to walk. Even though I don't know if Mercy will ever see, I know who does and who can give her sight. HE HOLDS HER FUTURE! I imagine her running around someday possibly with glasses to help correct her eyesight. But even if not. . .

And life is worth the living
Just because He lives!


1 comment:

Ruthie H. said...

Amen and Amen! Amy, your post echoes some things I have been reading and listening to lately regarding God's care, sovereignty and His knowledge of the future. We can rest in Him because He is in control! And He is a miracle worker! Thanks for sharing. :)