Friday, August 22, 2008

Water fight!



There is a tradition here at the orphanage that when it is your birthday you get doused in water. Well, Mark's birthday was Wednesday but he thought he wasn't in danger because the big kids were all gone. Well, he was wrong. All the little girls hid behind one of the shower rooms with basins filled with water. As he walked by, he realized what was going to happen and ran into the shower room and grabbed a basin filled with bath water. He dumped it on one of the girls before anyone had a chance to dump some on him. That began a good old fashioned water fight. By the end, all the little girls in the area were wet and so were Mark and our whole family. They actually dragged me to the shower room and doused me several times. I think they were getting me back for keeping my birthday a secret. We all had a great time!

No comments: