Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fear

My little guy just came out once again afraid to sleep in his bed. He heard scratching; he heard breathing; he is not sleepy; it is too dark. I comfort him and remind him all is okay and find ways to help him with each excuse and fear, trying so hard not to be annoyed. Finally, I let him turn on his radio and he is appeased and satisfied with that concession.
I go in and check 5 minutes later and he is sound asleep. Fear turned to peace.
How often in moments of feeling overwhelmed do I cry out to God with all my fears and excuses not wanting to do what He has called me to do. There aren't good doctors; there are big snakes; I just can't do it; I am already overwhelmed. Although God doesn't turn on the radio; He gives me something. He gives me power, love and a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7
And after I turn to Him and receive that from Him, I rest in His peace. My fear also is turned to peace.
~A

No comments: