Friday, February 29, 2008

A woman named Latisse

The other day Mark asked each of us to tell the highlight of the day. My highlight that day was a woman named Latisse. Let me explain. Last summer as we prepared to visit Uganda I discovered these great footlocker type trunks at Wal-mart. They were great for carrying all the goodies we took and they were very useful once we got to the orphanage as well. So a month ago I went to Walmart to buy the same trunks only to be told that that item is seasonal, sold only during the back-to-school season. The last month has been spent looking for the same type of trunks to no avail! The other day I tried several options and after only speaking to one rude person and many voice recordings on the phone, I decided to call my local Wal-mart. I asked to speak to the manager or the person in charge of purchasing in the housewares dept. They quickly transferred me to a very sweet lady who again informed me that these trunks are only seasonal. After taking a deep breath and a prayer, I said "let me tell you my dilemma." I told how we were moving overseas in May to work in an orphanage and the trunks are the perfect solution for getting many of our things over there and for storage once we get there. She said, "Let me see what I can do." She took my name and number and by the end of the day she had contacted me saying that my trunks would be at the store by this week. Yesterday she called and told me they were at the store! I am continually amazed at how God just keeps providing and tonight I am thankful for a woman named Latisse and so many others that God is using to help us do what He has called us to do!

This picture is of Mark carrying one of the trunks on his head when we were at Good Shepherd's Fold in September.

No comments: