Today was a beautiful day outside with the warm sun and the cool Ugandan forest breeze, but my heart wasn't as beautiful, and frankly most things didn't go as expected. I had in my head that I would do this and this, and it just didn't go like that.
My main goal today was to get the proper permission for one of our students to go to an already scheduled doctor appointment in Kampala tomorrow. He needs to go to receive the much needed medicines and tests. However, getting the right letter took longer than expected as one very critical word was wrong on the first one sent to me by email, so it had to be done again by the only person in the doctor's office in Kampala and sent back to me. I then went to print it and our 3 month old printer wouldn't turn on. We couldn't get it fixed and finally went with plan C to get the much needed letter printed. We then sent it to get a stamp from a government official but by the time our staff member got there, it the office was closed. Fortunately there was a plan B and that worked, and the proper documentation was in the hands of the student's escort at 6pm.
I'd like to say my heart and soul were at peace the whole time, and I stood firmly on the promises that I hold dear and know to be true. However, I wavered and struggled to know that God had this and was more concerned for this student than I was. He is mindful of me, even when I am not of Him. He cares for even the smallest detail and often uses those details to strengthen my faith.
Thank you for praying for us. I pray you are encouraged that God is mindful of you!
Ways to pray for us:
- Pray for safety and favor for the student mentioned.
- Pray for unity among our staff as we continue to figure out how to function during this time.
- Pray as we have several key people whom we need here on campus especially medical personnel.
- Pray for a friend who had covid three weeks ago and is continuing to struggle with related health problems.
- Pray that God's promises will be the background music of our hearts.